On August 29, Star Wine List will celebrate the great wine lists in Denmark for the third time, at an event in Copenhagen. The international sommelier jury has now decided the finalists.
Star Wine List of the Year is our event to celebrate the great wine lists and the teams behind them. It is part of our international Star Wine List tour - and the winners in several categories will qualify for our international final in June 2023.
This year we have a new Sustainable Wine List category presented by Djuce and for the first time a Best German Wine List category, presented by Wines of Germany.
“It will be the third time we go to Copenhagen for the awards and coming out of the pandemic, the field is more interesting than ever. Classic names like Alchemist and Geranium share the spotlight with new finalists like LAGO and HimmerRiget. We can’t wait to celebrate with the sommeliers and the Danish sommelier association,” says Krister Bengtsson, founder and publisher of Star Wine List.
The winners will be revealed during a live event in Copenhagen on Aug. 29, together with the Best Sommelier of Denmark event.
– The best wine list with more than 600 references
Best Austrian Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with Austrian wine. The category is presented by Austrian Wine
Best Medium-Sized List
– Recognizes the best list with 200-600 references.
Best By the Glass List
– Recognizes the best by-the-glass list
Best Sparkling Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with sparkling wine. The category is presented by Nyetimber
Best German Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with German wine. The category is presented by Wines of Germany
Sustainable Wine List
– The category is presented by Djuce
Best Short List
– Recognizes the best list with up to 200 references
Apart from these eight categories, the winner in the category Special Jury Prize will be announced. This category recognizes a venue that has done something extra with their wine list, such as the direction, the style or the value.
The jury comprises some of the best sommeliers in the world:
• Arvid Rosengren, Best Sommelier of the World 2016
• Heidi Mäkinen MW, Best Sommelier of Finland
• Pascaline Lepeltier, Best Sommelier of France
CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA
The jury members vote independently for the most exciting wine list representing the category. The jurys' votes are then added up to decide the finalists and the winners.
The winners in the international categories are all qualified to the international final of Star Wine List of the Year that will be held in June.
Premium: Search 2000 wine lists around the world.