On Feb. 21, the best wine lists in the UK will be celebrated during a live event in London, co-hosted by Star Wine List and The Buyer. Here are all the finalists.
”We are excited to once again celebrate the great wine lists of the UK and look forward to meeting people in person again,” says Krister Bengtsson, Star Wine List’s founder.
Jury member Rajat Parr says that he has been impressed with the level of wine lists for the event.
"The UK is a very interesting place, and especially London. There’s such a great mix of wines here. London has everything: classics and more modern wines. It is very nice to see."
Star Wine List of the Year started in the Nordics back in 2018, to celebrate the great wine lists and the teams behind them. Last year, our first international tour went to 10 markets in Asia and Europe. During the second tour of Star Wine List of the Year, we have so far visited Finland, Denmark, Australia and Norway. And now we come to the UK for the second time, in partnership with The Buyer.
Apart from the honour and the gold certificates, winners of the international categories are qualified to the International Final of Star Wine List of the Year in June 2022.
Congratulations to all the finalists, and see you on Feb. 21!
The winners in the international categories are all qualified to the international final of Star Wine List of The Year that will be held in June.
– The best wine list with more than 600 references.
Best Austrian Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with Austrian wines.
The category is presented by Austrian Wine
Best By the Glass List
– Recognizes the best by the glass list.
Best Sparkling Wine List
– Recognizes the best list with sparkling wines.
Special Jury Prize
– Recognizes a venue that has done something extra with their wine list, such as the direction, the style or the value.
Best Short List
– Recognizes the best wine list with fewer than 200 listings.
Best Medium-Sized List
– Recognizes the best wine list with 200-600 references.
The category is presented by Matteo Lupi Wines
The UK Categories are held especially for the UK event.
Best German Wine List
– Recognizes the best list with German wines.
The category is presented by Wines of Germany
Best California Wine List
– Recognizes the best list with Californian wines.
The category is presented by Louis M. Martini
Best New Zealand Wine List
– Recognizes the best list with New Zealand wines.
The category is presented by New Zealand Wine
The jury is filled with top sommelier and wine names:
• Ruth Spivey, sommelier, writer, Star Wine List UK ambassador • Salvatore Castano, Best Sommelier of Europe and Africa 2021
• Arvid Rosengren, Best Sommelier of the World 2016
• Raimonds Tomsons, Best Sommelier of Europe and Africa 2017
• Rajat Parr, sommelier, winemaker, author
Premium: Search more than 2000 wine lists in 35+ countries. Download an unlimited number of wine lists.