On May 23 we return to Austria with our Star Wine List of the Year celebration, during the last day of Vievinum. The jury is done deliberating – here are all the finalists!
The winners of Star Wine List of the Year 2022 will be revealed during a live event in Vienna on May 23. It will be held with Dorli Muhr and her PR agency Wine+Partners, who are hosting their annual "Christmas party" there the same night.
This is the second time the awards are held for Austria, and the first time we are doing it live. Last year's Star Wine List of the Year Austria was a purely online event.
"The wine world gathers in Vienna for VieVinum and we are very happy to be back and to celebrate the great lists of Austria, and the teams behind them. The average scores by the jury were really very high and the Austrians can rightly be proud of their wine selections. I look forward to meeting all the finalists in Vienna, and to raise a glass with you all!" says Krister Bengtsson, Star Wine List's founder.
Krister Bengtsson and Star Wine List's Ambassador Manager Liora Levi will announce the winners at the event, together with partners.
For the Star Wine List of the Year awards in Austria, Star Wine List is also happy to partner with the website and sommelier community Kalk & Kegel.
• Rajat Parr, sommelier, winemaker, author
• Raimonds Tomsons, Best Sommelier of Europe and Africa 2017
• Véronique Rivest, Best Sommelier of Canada
• Salvatore Castano, Best Sommelier of Europe and Africa 2021
Here are the finalists in all the six categories:
The winners are all qualified to the international final of Star Wine List of The Year that will be held in June.
– Austria’s best wine list with more than 600 references
Best Medium-Sized List
Best By the Glass List
– Recognizes the best by-the-glass list
Best Sparkling Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with sparkling wine
Special Jury Prize
– Recognizes a venue that has done something extra with their wine list, such as the direction, the style or the value. The category is presented by Schloss Gobelsburg
Best Short List
– Recognizes the best list with up to 200 references
CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA
The jury members vote independently for their favorites considering width, depth, originality and value. The jurys' votes are then added up to decide the finalists and the winners.
The winners in the international categories are all qualified to the international final of Star Wine List of the Year that will be held in June.
Premium: Search more than 2000 wine lists in 35+ countries. Download an unlimited number of wine lists.