Carelia Wine List
Restaurant Carelia is one of the most classic restaurants in Helsinki and is well-known for its ambitious wine list, based mainly on European wine countries, especially France. The restaurant was established in 1995, in what used to be an old pharmacy. The food is typical French brasserie-style, and this is a place where people often stop by to eat before going to the opera or theatre. Downstairs there's also a private room for arranging wine tastings, and here you can bring your own bottles as well.
About the Carelia Wine List
Artisanal, sustainable and natural are keywords for the team building the wine list at Carelia, and they’re regularly travelling the world to gather wines that will both surprise and satisfy your taste buds. Especially if you’re looking for high-quality wines from small producers from Champagne, Jura and Bourgogne – Carelia is the place for you.
A well presented, easy to read list, with quite a few verticals and many older vintages. A clear focus and very affordable pricing round it all off.
A list with great diversity, some back vintages, and also well priced.
Such an incredible focus on German wines, well organised and well made. Great selection from the most important Anbaugebiete.
One of the older establishments in Helsinki, but with a vibrant wine list that always contains new, fun and exciting wines to enjoy, especially from small European producers.
Star Wine List Of The Year
- Best Medium-Sized List of the Year Finland 2022
- German Wine List of the Year Finland, presented by Wines of Germany 2022
- Sparkling Wine List of the Year Finland 2022
- International Medium-Sized List of the Year 2022
- Medium-Sized List of the Year Nordic 2022
- German Wine List of the Year Finland, presented by Wines of Germany 2021
- Sparkling Wine List of the Year Finland 2021
- Best Medium-Sized List of the Year Finland 2021