Palace in Helsinki won the Gold Star for Best Medium-Sized List in Finland when the winners of Star Wine List of the Year Finland 2021 were revealed on 6 September. The award recognises the best wine lists with 200-600 listings. Palace also won the category Austrian Wine List.
"A classic list with a lot of verticals and many well-known producers," says jury member Marc Almert, Best Sommelier of the World 2019, about the winning wine list.
Star Wine List of the Year Finland 2021 was held in Helsinki during the Best Sommelier of Finland event in Helsinki - and online. The prizes were handed out by Raimonds Tomsons, Best Sommelier of Europe, and Camilla Lindh from the Star Wine List team.
The jury for the Finnish event was:
• Marc Almert, Best Sommelier of the World 2019
• Raimonds Tomsons, Best Sommelier of Europe 2017
• Véronique Rivest, Best Sommelier of Canada twice
• Pascaline Lepeltier, Best Sommelier of France 2018
And as our local judge:
• Heidi Mäkinen, Master of Wine and president of the Finnish Sommelier Association
Premium: Search more than 2000 wine lists in 35+ countries. Download an unlimited number of wine lists.