Savoy in Helsinki won the Gold Star in the category Best German Wine List during Star Wine List of the Year Finland 2021. The award was presented by Wines of Germany and recognizes the best list with German wines.
"A quite large, diverse selection with the important producers in each," says jury member Pascaline Lepeltier, Best Sommelier of France 2018, about the winning list.
Star Wine List of the Year Finland 2021 was held on 6 September, at the Best Sommelier of Finland event in Helsinki - and online. The prizes were handed out by Raimonds Tomsons, Best Sommelier of Europe, and Camilla Lindh from the Star Wine List team.
On stage to present the award for this category was also Monika Halén from Wines of Germany in Finland.
The jury for the Finnish event was:
• Marc Almert, Best Sommelier of the World 2019
• Raimonds Tomsons, Best Sommelier of Europe 2017
• Véronique Rivest, Best Sommelier of Canada twice
• Pascaline Lepeltier, Best Sommelier of France 2018
And as our local judge:
• Heidi Mäkinen, Master of Wine and president of the Finnish Sommelier Association