On 4 May, Star Wine List will hold a digital even to celebrate the best wine lists in Sweden. This year we're proud to present a new Star Wine List of the Year category: Best California list, presented by California Wines.
"Wines from California have a very strong presence in top restaurants and wine bars in Sweden. We can't wait to see who has the top selections as it's the first time we run this category," says Krister Bengtsson, publisher Star Wine List.
Star Wine List of the Year will recognize the best wine lists in a number of categories, such as Best Wine List by the Glass and in several country categories.
This year the event will be digital and streamed for everyone to see online 4 May, 3-5 PM CET. More info later.
Independent top jury decides
This year we're proud to present an independent jury of international superstar-sommeliers:
• Arvid Rosengren (The World's Best Sommelier 2016)
• Pascaline Lepeltier (Master Sommelier and France's Best Sommelier 2018)
• Paz Levinson (Best Sommelier of Argentina 2010 and 2014, Best Sommelier of Americas 2015)
• Rasmus Marquart (Best Sommelier of the Nordics 2019)
• Marc Almert (reigning world champion)
All restaurants and bars listed by Star Wine List are automatically entered into the competition Star Wine List of the Year, at no cost. All other restaurants and bars in Sweden are also welcome to enter their wine lists.
For upcoming info about Star Wine List of the Year, sign up to our newsletter below.