On May 30, we return to Finland with out Star Wine List of the Year celebration. The winners will be announced during a live event with the Finnish Sommelier Championship. Here are all the finalists!
”We are excited to once again celebrate the great wine lists in Finland and look forward to meeting our friends in person in Helsinki again,” says Krister Bengtsson, Star Wine List’s founder.
During the second international tour of Star Wine List of the Year we have so far visited the Nordics, Australia and UK, with Austria coming up. The winners in the international categories will meet in the international final on June 13. And since the last Finnish event was less than a year ago, there can actually be two different Finnish participants in a category in the international final, if the winners this May are different from last time.
Three top sommeliers from our international jury panel have formed the 2022 Finland jury:
• Véronique Rivest, Best Sommelier of Canada
• Salvatore Castano, Best Sommelier of Europe and Africa 2021
• Pascaline Lepeltier, Best Sommelier of France
"Finland may not have the largest number of wine lists on Star Wine List, but the overall level is high and competitive. The jury had a very thorough discussion and we look forward to sharing the results in Helsinki!" says Krister Bengtsson.
The winners in the international categories are all qualified to the international final of Star Wine List of The Year in June.
– Finland’s best wine list with more than 600 references
Best Austrian Wine List
– Recognises the best wine list with Austrian wine. The category is presented by Austrian Wine
Best Medium-Sized List
– Recognizes the best list with 200-600 references.
Best By the Glass List
– Recognizes the best by-the-glass list
Best Sparkling Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with sparkling wine
Special Jury Prize
– Recognizes a venue that has done something extra with their wine list, such as the direction, the style or the value.
Best Short List
– Recognizes the best list with up to 200 references
The national category is held only for Finland.
Best German Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with German wine. The category is presented by Wines of Germany
CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA
The jury members vote independently for their favorites considering width, depth, originality and value. The jurys' votes are then added up to decide the finalists and the winners.
The winners in the international categories are all qualified to the international final of Star Wine List of the Year that will be held in June.