Save the date! On May 30, 2022 we return to Finland with our Star Wine List of the Year celebration. It will be held live with the Finnish Sommelier Championship.
”We are excited to once again celebrate the great wine lists in Finland and look forward to meeting people in person in Helsinki again,” says Krister Bengtsson, Star Wine List’s founder.
During the second international tour of Star Wine List of the Year we have so far visited the Nordics, Australia and UK. The winners in the international categories will meet in the international final on June 13. And since the last Finnish event was less than a year ago, there can actually be two different Finnish participants in a category in the international final, if the winners in May are different from last time.
ENTER THE COMPETITION
Restaurants and wine bars in Finland, enter here free of charge no later than May 1.
Venues that have been finalists in last year's event are automatically invited, please just make sure that we have a current wine list from you.
• Véronique Rivest, Best Sommelier of Canada
• Salvatore Castano, Best Sommelier of Europe and Africa 2021
• Pascaline Lepeltier, Best Sommelier of France
More jury members to be announced soon.
CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA
The jury will vote independently for their favorites considering width, depth, originality and value. The jurys' votes are then added up to decide the finalists and the winners.
• Grand Prix: Finland’s best wine list with more than 600 references
• Best Austrian Wine List: Recognizes the best wine list with Austrian wine. The category is presented by Austrian Wine
• By The Glass List: Recognizes the best by-the-glass list.
• Sparkling Wine List: Recognizes the best wine list with sparkling wine.
• Special Jury Prize: Recognizes a venue that has done something extra with their wine list, such as the direction, the style or the value.
• Best Medium-Sized List: Recognizes the best list with 200-600 references
• Best Short List: Recognizes the best list with up to 200 references
The winners in the international categories are all qualified to the international final of Star Wine List of the Year that will be held in June.
• Best German Wine List, Recognizes the best wine list with German wine. The category is presented by Wines of Germany
More categories can be announced ahead of the event. Partners are welcome to contact us at email@example.com