Hong Kong SAR, Greater China
Embla Wine List
Embla is a Nordic fine dining restaurant located in Sheung Wan. This small restaurant was founded by chef Jim Löfdahl from Stockholm. The cuisine is absolutely one of a kind in Hong Kong. They focus on local, seasonal ingredients from Scandinavia.
The wine list has over 200 labels, covering a wide range of wine from natural to conventional wines, from well-known to forgotten regions, from sparkling wine to orange wine. I am not surprised that we can find some artisanal wines, beers and spirits from the Nordics here. The layout of the wine list is perfectly designed. I like the way they categorize the wine items. The concept of the wine list focuses on sustainable farming wineries and winemakers who respect the land, which is very much in line with the philosophy of the restaurant. If you don’t want to read the wine list, just go ahead and order the beverage pairing created by their sommelier, which could surprise you.
- full corkage: 500 HKD corkage fee per standard 750ml bottle of wine
- half corkage: 350 HKD if you purchase a bottle from our wine selection
- maximum one bottle for up 2 guests or two bottles for a group of 3 guests and above
Star Wine List Of The Year
- Medium-Sized List of the Year Asia 2023
- Special Jury Prize Asia 2023
- Sustainable Wine List of the Year Asia, presented by Parés Baltà 2023