On 24 March the hottest competition day in Sweden is here: Sweden's best wine lists are prized by Star Wine List. And the best sommelier in Sweden is crowned. All at Norra Latin in Stockholm.
Last year PM & Vänner in Växjö swept the Grand Prix and several other categories in Star Wine List of the Year. And the competitive multi artist Petter Alexis Askergren brought two golds back to hotel Granen in Åre. Who will be the winners this year?
In this year's jury, veteran sommelier Mischa Billing, Arvid Rosengren (The World's Best Sommelier 2016, Pascaline Lepeltier (Master Sommelier and France's Best Sommelier 2018) and Krister Bengtsson (Star Wine List's founder) have evaluated the top Swedish wine lists on Star Wine List.
This year the wine bars and restaurants on Star Wine List have been evaluated in eight categories:
– Sweden's top wine list overall
By the Glass Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list by the glass
The category is presented by Minvino - water for wine lovers
Austrian Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with Austrian wines
The category is presented by Austrian Wine
German Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with German wines
The category is presented by Wines of Germany
Italian Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with Italian wines
The category is presented by Mandrarossa
– Recognizes the best Champagne list
The category is presented by Champagne Deutz
Rhône Wine List
– Recognizes the best Rhône list
The category is presented by Paul Jaboulet
Original Wine List
– Our new category recognizes creativity in both form and content
The five finalists in each category are presented here on Star Wine List next Sunday, 17 March!
Program 24 March:
- 13.00 Doors open at Norra Latin, Stockholm, with exhibitors in both wine and accessories.
- 15.00 The Swedish sommelier championship final starts
- 18.00 Star Wine List of the Year!
- Followed by snacks and drinks
The ticket costs 150 SEK, buy them here
Come and cheer for your favourites - see you on 24 March!
Premium: Search more than 2000 wine lists in 35+ countries. Download an unlimited number of wine lists.