On 6 September 2021, Star Wine List will celebrate the best wine lists in Finland. The jury has now decided the finalists!
In May 2021, the International Star Wine List of the Year final was held for the first time ever. Now, it's time for a second Star Wine List of the Year tour, and our first stop is Finland.
On Monday 6 September the winners will be revealed at the Best Sommelier of Finland event in Helsinki - and online.
The jury for the Finnish event has been:
Marc Almert, Best Sommelier of the World 2019
Raimonds Tomsons, Best Sommelier of Europe 2017
Véronique Rivest, Best Sommelier of Canada twice
Pascaline Lepeltier, Best Sommelier of France 2018
and as our local judge:
Heidi Mäkinen, Master of Wine and president of the Finnish Sommelier Association
Here are all Finnish finalists:
Austrian Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with Austrian wines
The category is presented by Austrian Wine
German Wine List
– Recognizes the best wine list with German wines
The category is presented by Wines of Germany
By The Glass List
– Recognizes the best by the glass list
Sparkling Wine List
– Recognizes the wine list with sparkling wine
Special Jury Prize
– Recognizes a venue that has done something extra with their wine list, such as the direction, the style or the value.
Best Short List
– Recognizes the best wine list with fewer than 200 listings
Best Medium-Sized List
– Recognizes the best wine list with 200-600 listings
– Recognizes the best large wine list, with more than 600 references