Ever wanted to hang out with ASI Sommelier world champion Marc Almert and European/African champ Raimonds Tomsons and drink wine? On Wednesday 15 April everyone had the chance to join them online with several of our ambassadors around the World, drinking some favourite wines from Austria.
Things are hard in the restaurant industry in so many countries, no need to tell you that. But if there is a little silver lining, it might be that we can spend time with our friends in distant places online.
On Wednesday our editor Andreas Grube and our UK ambassador Ruth Spivey hosted their Star Wine List ambassador colleagues from around the world, including ASI - sommelier world champion Marc Almert and European/African champ Raimonds Tomsons, Liinaa Berry in Adelaide, Simon J Woolf in Amsterdam and Manu Rosier in Berlin.
The panelists each brought a favourite Austrian wine and shared stories around them. Check out the whole episode of first ever Star Wine List Live here!
These were the wines:
• Simon Woolf: Joiseph - Muskat Ottonel 2018 (orange wine from Burgenland)
• Liinaa Berry: Peter Veyder-Malberg, 2016 Gruner Veltliner ”Hochrain” (Wachau)
• Marc Almert: 2013 Chardonnay “MO/TH”, Erich & Walter Polz (Südsteiermark)
• Raimonds Tomsons: Stadlmann Igeln Zierfandler 2016 (Thermenregion) & Anita and Hans Nittnaus Altenberg Blaufrankisch Leithaberg DAC 2017
• Manu Rosier: Johann Donabaum Offenberg Reserve Riesling 2007 (Wachau)