Marble Restaurant Wine List
About Marble Restaurant
The restaurant Marble, by Chef David Higgs, situated within the Trumpet Building on Keyes Art Mile, has established itself as a key player in Johannesburg’s restaurant scene. The upmarket eatery, focusing on open-flame cooking, offers a menu of refined fare. While meat is certainly their speciality – with the option of a selection of beef cuts sourced from around the world – they also offer up an exciting array of poultry, pescetarian, vegetarian and even vegan dishes, most of it not all, with an element cooked over fire. The restaurant boasts stunning interiors and is the perfect place to catch a magnificent Joburg sunset.
The comprehensive wine program, in the capable hands of award-winning sommelier Wikus Human, has grown to be one of, if not the, most impressive restaurant cellars in the country. The extensive wine list, while championing South African wine producers, includes a substantial selection of international wines too. Wikus and his team of skilled junior sommeliers are always on hand to offer recommendations or perhaps bring something new and exciting out, which is yet to make the continually evolving list.
Star Wine List Of The Year
- Sparkling Wine List of the Year South Africa, presented by Nyetimber 2023
- By the Glass List of the Year South Africa 2023
- Best Medium-Sized List of the Year South Africa, presented by Amorim Cork 2023
- Sparkling Wine List of the Year South Africa 2022
- Best Medium-Sized List of the Year South Africa 2022
- By the Glass List of the Year South Africa 2022