Davies & Brook Wine List
About Davies & Brook
Daniel (Eleven Madison Park) Humm’s new restaurant in Claridge’s Hotel in Mayfair. Pared-back, chic and contemporary interior. Along with the food – top quality, modern fine dining with a dusting of comfort – everything exudes a polished but relaxed luxury.
About the Davies & Brook Wine List
Comprehensive and skillfully balanced list of what feels like a manageable length, despite being over 1800 bins in total. Particularly strong on Champagnes (grower and grand marques), German whites, Rhône and California. They have a great selection by the glass and even more by carafe.
The presentation is very smart, organised by country and region, bringing your attention to the grape varieties too. Plenty of older vintages and top names feature from the classic regions (including Sauternes and California) alongside a generous seasoning of smaller, dynamic and contemporary producers.
We were very impressed with the Rhône selections in general in the UK, especially we found some great verticals and also some more quirky lists. What we liked about this one was the balance of the two; the iconic wines but also the up and coming. The price level was also great, and how they showcased the wines by the glass. This was maybe not the biggest list, but very well put together, showing the regions and their diversity, says jury member Pascaline Lepeltier about Davies & Brook, who won Gold in the category Rhône Wine List.
Star Wine List Of The Year
- Rhône Wine List of the Year UK, presented by Côtes du Rhône 2021
- German Wine List of the Year UK, presented by Wines of Germany 2021
- California Wine List of the Year UK, presented by The California Wine Institute 2021
- Austrian Wine List of the Year UK, presented by Austrian wine 2021
- By the Glass Wine List of the Year UK, presented by Fine Wines Direct UK 2021
- Grand Prix UK, presented by Austrian Wine 2021
Davies & Brook other awards
1 Michelin Star
Gabriel di BellaWine Director